Prep time – 30 mins
Serves – 16 pieces
500g tempered dark chocolate
1 cup of water
3 Tbs powdered gelatin
1 cup honey
1Tbs Vanilla extract
1 tsp almond essence
Green food colour
1/2 cup crushed pistachios
1/2 cup dessicated coconut
1. Place half the water, honey and vanilla in a small saucepan over a medium high heat.
2. Line a 25cm square slice tin.
3. Allow the honey mixture to simmer for 10 minutes, stirring regularly. The mixture will thicken and will be ready when it coats the back of the spoon and starts to come away from the side of the pot.
4. In the bowl of a mixer add the remaining water and gelatin and mix to combine.
5. On a low speed slowly pour in the hot honey mixture. Once the mixture is combined increase the mixer speed to high.
6. Once the mixture starts to lose its brown colour and begins to take on air, add the almond essence.
7. After about 7 or 8 minutes on a high speed, the mixture should have turned white and fluffy. Add a few drops of green food colouring and continue to mix on high.
8. Once the colour is mixed through add half the pistachios.
9. After 10 minutes (total) of mixing the mixture should be fluffy and hold its shape.
10. Spoon some of the tempered chocolate into the bottom of the lined tin. Using a spatula, spread the chocolate thinly on the base.
11. Empty the marshmallow mixture on top of the chocolate and with wet hands level out the mixture in the tin.
12. Leave the marshmallow to sit for 10 minutes to set.
13. Pour over the remaining chocolate and spread over the top evenly. (Chocolate may need to be placed back over boiler again)
14. In a zip lock bag place coconut and a few drops of green food colour. Rub the coconut between your fingers to disperse the colour.
15. Sprinkle the remaining pistachios and coconut over the chocolate.
16. Set in the fridge for 10 mins.